Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome To Blursville

On most days, the SJG walks around in a total blur.  Yesterday was no different, except the blur was more optical than mental.  A couple  drops in the left eye, a couple drops in the right, and welcome to Blursville, USA.  My retina guy needed a good look at my retina, as opposed to other members of the SJG Medical Team, in charge of other parts of my anatomy.  "'The left retina isn't going anywhere,"  he announced.  Well, this is good news, indeed.  Last September, my left retina launched some sort of uprising.  "I'm outta here," my retina said.  Oh, but the SJG caught it just in time.  Ha ha! "You're not going anywhere, bitch."  Still, this attempted coup had consequences, forcing me to have my eyeballs checked and dilated on a regular basis.  Hence, Blursville.  Have you ever tried to drive in a state of Blursville?  I don't recommend it.  Everything is bright and fuzzy and otherworldly.  "Home, Charles," I told my car.  "Try not to run up on the curb on the way."  Don't worry, I made it back to the manse, thank God, and stayed there for rest of the day.  I couldn't read.  Too blurry.  I couldn't think.  They'd dilated my keppy, too, it seemed.  So, another lost day.  A day spent in Blursville.  Today, I can see everything.  I expect great things of myself today.  I expect total clarity.  I won't get it, of course, but if it passes me by, yet again, at least I'll recognize it.

2 comments: