Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sheriff John: RIP

This morning, an email from my brother John:  "Put another candle on the birthday cake... I was lucky to talk by phone to John Rovick several times 30 years ago while working on a 'Local Kids TV Hosts' segment for 'Bloopers & Practical Jokes.'  It was a thrill and he was super nice and fun."  It's a sad day for anyone who grew up in L.A. during the '60s and ate lunch with Sheriff John Monday through Friday.  I was just four and watching his show when they broke in to say JFK had been shot.  I went running into the kitchen to tell my mom.  My family still sings "Put another candle on the birthday cake, you're another year old today" at every birthday celebration.  So bye bye, Sheriff John. You made a lot of little kids who grew up to be big kids happy. 

4 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheriff John will always be a part of our Southern California 1960s memories. Smile and be happy all the live long day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's how we roll, bro'. smiling and happy all the live long day!

      Delete