Thursday, January 15, 2015

Snubbed!

Sign here, darling, under snubbed.

Well, I don't know what I'm more disappointed about this morning: the tragic and criminal snubbing of Ralph Fiennes for Best Actor in "The Grand Budapest Hotel," or the epic snubbification of the SJG as Best Fofa* Filler. (*Fofa is the adorable term my short, blue-haired Russian grandmother used for sofa.) I really campaigned for this nomination, too. I spent a lot of time on the fofa, watching all the movie screeners that started arriving almost daily right after Thanksgiving. Like so many minimally-influential Hollywood types, I'm a snob of the highest order. A snob that's been snubbed. I'd rather watch "Wild" and "Into The Woods," "American Sniper" and "Whiplash" in the comfort of my home, than venture out into the germ ward that is the local multi-plex, especially when I keep hearing this year's flu shot is for absolute sh*t. Why expose myself in the theater? Wait, that didn't come out right. I swear I've stopped doing that (under court order from the Arclight.) I believe I deserve some sort of recognition for my contribution to cinema watching, but I'll just have to live with the disappointment, as will Ralph Fiennes. Let's face it, we've both been robbed here. But I'm sure Ralph will act again, and gloriously so, and I'm sure I'll sit on the fofa again. So ultimately, it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment