Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Very Good Place To Start

Last night, a certain hubby who kindly accompanies me through life, asked me what I wanted for my rapidly approaching birthday.
"You've gotten me everything I need. A brand new bamboo floor for the entire downstairs."
"That wasn't for your birthday."
"Fancy new pipes that will never leak or cause tsuris or we get our money back."
"Also not a birthday gift."
"Okay, okay, I'm thinking. Give me a second. I've got my health, kina hora. What more do I need? Oh. I know. Mental health. A big dose of that would be fab."
"Where do I buy that?"
"Beats me. I've been trying to make that purchase for a while now."
"Come on. There must be something you really want."
"The love and respect of my family -- the ones I'm still talking to."
"That's a given."
"I just thought of something."
"What?"
"A theater for our play, 'Brushes: A Comedy of Hairs' "
"Nice plug. I like how you worked it in there."
"Thank you. I'm shameless when it comes to 'Brushes: A Comedy of Hairs' "
"I've noticed. What size venue?"
"I'm not talking Dorothy Chandler proportions."
"Will 99 seats do?"
"We were hoping for 200."
"Can I find it on Amazon Prime?"
"That's a very good place to start."

No comments:

Post a Comment