Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Keep Looking Up

Dear SJG,
Do you agree with Snoopy that the secret of life is to keep looking up? I've been looking up every day for a while now, and my neck hurts so much, I can barely move it. Plus, I'm bumping into stuff.
Thanks,
Neck Strain Sufferer

Dear Neck Strain Sufferer,
I think you've zeroed in on the pros and cons of looking up. From a practical standpoint, not only does peripheral vision get iffy, but your head may get stuck in that position, which would make operating heavy machinery a huge challenge. From a chiropractic standpoint, there's the whole Front Row Movie Neck Syndrome to combat, too. You're looking at a lot of adjustments that you'll probably have to pay for out-of-pocket. When all you do is look up, you miss what's going on around you. On a personal note, when you tilt your keppy skyward, the fact that everyone is so much taller than you really hits home. Not exactly a confidence booster. In my humble opinion, the secret of life is to keep looking forward to something, anything, whatever you can latch onto, even if it's just a little bit delusional. And keep taking my life-altering advice. That'll help.
You're Welcome,
The SJG

No comments:

Post a Comment