Monday, June 13, 2011

Ancient Jews & Mormons, Dang It

Downstairs, the menfolk watched the Mavericks kick butt.  Upstairs, the SJG watched The Book of Mormon kick butt at the Tony Awards, winning nine statues altogether, including Best Musical.  It was a thrill and a half for me, not to mention, a shout out to close personal friend/star of Broadway Connie Ray, who ordered me to buy tickets to "Mormon" before it even opened.  I obeyed Connie, as I often do, and was rewarded with non-stop hilarity.  She also told me to see "War Horse."  I did and last night it won Best Play.  This is why I have smart friends.  Would a dumb friend know which plays are going to take home Tony Awards months ahead of time?  I'm thinking no.  This morning, I'm one happy short Jew.  Last night, I went back to NYC from the comfort of my home.  Not a trace of jet lag, only joy.

2 comments: