Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gone Kugelin'

Don't bother me,  I'm kugelin'.
This morning, I've gone a-kugelin'.  The wide noodles, the seven eggs, the 3 cups of milk, the cottage cheese, the sugar and the vanilla, the stick of butter, the raisins, the generous sprinkle of corn flakes.  Oven's on.  I've gone a-kugelin'.  Got a cranky friend in need.  Not just any kugel'll do.  Only mine.  "What can I do for you?" I asked the cranky one.  "You can kugel," she said.  This morning, I've gone a-kugelin'.  This afternoon, I'll do a kugel drop on a hilltop in Sherman Oaks.  Unless something bad happens.  Something criminal.  I can hear the detective now:  "Who stole the kugel from the kugel pan?  Who, me?  Yes, you!  Couldn't be.  Then who?"  This could go on for days.  In which, case, I'll go a-kugelin' all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment