Sunday, June 26, 2011

Know Your Psychopaths

"Knowing you are always on the prowl for blog topics, I thought this essay from the New York Times might stimulate something light and entertaining..."  This from my former editor Mr. Stephen Lantz.  We worked together ages ago at the Pulitzer Prize-winning Century City News.  Once I got past the whole Chapter 11 thing, it was the most fun I've ever had at a job.  We were kindred spirits, serious journalists in the early '80s, graphic artists just out of Cal Arts, culture-seekers, wine-drinkers, movie buffs, foodies.  When we weren't waiting in line at the bank, hoping against hope that today there would be enough funds to cover our paychecks, we were out there, riding the elevators on Century Park East and Avenue of the Stars, looking for a good story.  Plus, nothing bonds you to your coworkers more than watching your publisher run down the hall to hide from the IRS.  I'm assuming Steve must've had that publisher in mind when he sent me the piece, "I'm OK, You're a Psychopath."  Steve thought I might spin it into "a resource guide for watching Criminal Minds... resources for those that want to better understand their siblings, parents, relatives, themselves... what your dog knows about you and your friends... look around the synagogue, very carefully... Hollywood psychopaths... why the judge had to remind Lindsey there are no parties in jail or house confinement."  But I think Steve, great editor that he's always been, just did the assignment for me, in a just a few sentences.  Thanks, Steve, guest blogger/psychopath expert.  Keep those ideas coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment