Friday, June 24, 2011

To Kvetch Or Not To Kvetch

The SJG this morning:  Insert favorite curse words, string them together in lively formation, add "I can't move my neck" and you're good to kvetch.  But wait.  A philosophical dilemma.  If no one is in the room to hear you kvetch, is it still kvetching?  Or does kvetching need a public forum to qualify as kvetching?  And without an audience, does kvetching still produce the same psychological benefit?  Can misery love company when no guests have arrived?  More to the point:  What good is kvetching alone in your room?  Come hear the music play.  Fine.  I go downstairs, my head tilted awkwardly, and wait for the band to strike up a tune.  It's pretty quiet in the kitchen.  Dusty looks at me, all drooly-faced.  "What up?"  "I think I slept funny."  "What's in it for me?"  "Not much."  He loses interest quickly and parks himself elsewhere.  If no one is the room to hear you kvetch, except your dog, is it still kvetching?  I'm going with yes.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Cabaret reference.
    Your neck will get better Mein Herr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. If not, there's always time to kvetch more.

    ReplyDelete