Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dress For Destruction

A girl and her sledgehammer
It's not often I get an invitation like this one:  "Bringing Down the House.  Bagels, Schmear and Sledgehammers.  Dress for Destruction. Hard hats provided upon request."  But if this is how the lovely Linda wants to celebrate her birthday, who am I to question her sanity?  Sure, there are people who do this for a living.  Like that dude with the spiky hair on "Extreme Makeover:  Home Edition."  But it's more festive to turn your dearest friends into a wrecking crew.  Of course, when it comes to sledgehammers, the SJG draws a blank.  I'm a little worried. This morning, I asked hubby, my all-purpose handyman, "How do you use a sledgehammer?" "Carefully," he said.  I know how to do careful.  I'm ready.  So today, I'm going Kathy Bates. I'm wielding a sledge-hammer.  I'm taking down walls.  Or maybe I'll just stand back and watch others go apesh*t.  Either way, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment