Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Good Thing To Say Today

Oy.  Say it with me now.  Oy.  Add a Vey now.  Vey.  Put them together.  Say it loud and clear:  Oy Vey.  Add an explanation mark.  Oy Vey!  There, do you feel better?  The SJG always feels better when I say an Oy, followed by a Vey.  It's one of the great expressions of my lifetime.  Oy vey!  There are variations, of course.  Growing up, I heard a lot of Oy Veysmere.  I heard plenty of Oy Gevalts, too. Personally, I prefer a nice Oy Vey!  Oy vey sums it all up, whatever it is.  If you're tired and frustrated, give an Oy Vey and you'll feel a little less so. If you're worried, give an Oy Vey and your worry drops down a notch.  If you're pissed off, disgusted, had it up to here, give an Oy Vey and you can deal with life again.  If today isn't an Oy Vey kind of day, I don't know what is.  It'll go one way or another.  It'll be a barrage of tallies and inaccuracies, of guesses and geshreis.  It'll be a nail-biter for sure.  What it won't be is a slam dunk, a landslide, an easy call.  It'll be a very long night of Oy Vey.  So, please.  Say it with me now.  Oy Vey!  There, do you feel better?  I'm so glad I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment