Friday, November 9, 2012

Drizzle, Drazzle

Tooter Turtle
Every time it starts to drizzle, as it did yesterday afternoon, the SJG says:  "Drizzle, Drazzle."  But why? Why do I say this?  Don't ask me.  I have no idea.  It sounds so cartoony.  Probably cuz it's part of a line that comes from a very old cartoon.  Which cartoon, you ask?  Pardon me while I Google.  I prefer to Google in private, if you don't mind.  I'm back.  Did you miss me?  Of course you did.  Turns out, there was a turtle named Tooter.  Full name:  Tooter Turtle.  And this turtle couldn't hold down a job.  He was inept.  Always trying out new occupations, going from lumberjack to taxi driver, from pre-historic times to the moon.  And whenever he got in trouble, all Tooter had to do was cry, "Help, Mr. Wizard!"  Mr. Wizard would say this magical chant: "Drizzle, Drazzle, Druzzle, Drome, time for zis one to come home!" 
Help, Mr. Wizard!
Just like that, Tooter Turtle, part of "King Leonardo and his Short Subjects"animated series (which aired in 1960!) would arrive safely, shell in tact.  Well, this concept appeals to the SJG on many levels.  How great would it be to call for help and have a lizard save your tush with a wave of his wand?  Personally, I think it would be spectacular. I could've used a "drizzle, drazzle" more than once to get me out of a jam.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment