Friday, February 22, 2013

Just For Kicks

A conversation with my 91-year-old dad:  "Hello?" "I want a new pair of tennis shoes." "Don't let me stop you." "My whole life, I've worn white tennis shoes."  "What's wrong with that?"  "Isn't it time for me to wear something other than white?"  "I guess.  But I'm looking at hubby right now, and he's wearing white tennis shoes.  He always wears white."  "I want something more interesting." "You want me to take you?"  "No."  "Oh, okay."  "Name some colors."  "Black.  Navy."  "I should go to one of those big places, where you walk around and there are shoe boxes everywhere."  "You mean like an outlet?"  "Exactly."  "Like DSW?"  "I'll go there.  Thanks."  "Hang on.  Let me see if there's one near you."  "I'll find it myself."  "Hang on, Daddy.  I'm looking online.  There's one in the Marina."  "Forget it.  I'm not going to the Marina."  "Hollywood?"  "No." "There's a big one near me in Sherman Oaks."  "I'll ask my shoe repair guy."  "What about Nordstrom's?"  "Nordstrom's.  That's a good idea."  "You sure you don't want me to take you?  It'll be fun."  "No."

No comments:

Post a Comment