Saturday, April 25, 2015

Bring A Nice Coffee Cake

"I'm not sure I deserve this kindness from you."

What a rough week it's been for the SJG. First, I lost one of the biggest bitches on TV, Victoria Grayson of "Revenge." Spoiler Alert: She blew herself up last Sunday night... in her favorite chair... in the home she used to own but lost to her enemy... Amanda/Emily. This was one storyline the Revengers didn't project from here to the moon and back. They gave us no hints, no foreshadowing. In other words, it was a shocker, my friends. A shocker! Feel free to weep on my behalf. I'm not over it. What, you thought I spent my time over on PBS watching highbrow British telly? Puleeze. That was so "Downton Abbey" ago. I watched two minutes of "Wolf Hall" before my internal snooze button went off. 

McDreamy is McDeady!?

As if Victoria's explosive demise wasn't enough drama for one week, on Thursday night, uh, spoiler alert, Dr. Derek Shepherd bought it, big time, on "Grey's Anatomy." And he still had time left on his contract! What sort of cruel trick is that? Usually, the actor demands more gelt and they get rid of him. But in this case, the actor's demands were met. Unless.... the rumors of McDiva are true, and Shonda just got so fed up with him and his handsome ego, that first she sent him off to Washington, D.C., to think about his bad behavior, and then brought him back as a tease, and then sent him off for good to the Chapel of the Ungrateful TV Stars, a must-see next time you're touring Hollywood. Either way, true or not true, who gives an eff. I'm over here in the S.O., sobbing. 


So come. Sit shiva with the SJG. Help me mourn these epic TV losses and move on with my life. Bring a nice coffee cake. If you can't make it, send a platter. Join me in my grief. If I can't share it with you, what's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment