Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Call Center From Another Dimension


"Hello. I am 'David.' That's D as in Dog. A as in Apple. V as in Victory. I as in... May I get back to you on that?"
"Sure."
"D as in Dog. How may I help you today?'
"My dryer isn't working."
"Your dryer isn't working. I see. What is your name?"
"I have many names, but why don't you call me SJG?"
"I will call you that."
"Great."
"How do I spell that?"
"S as in Short. J as in Jewish. G as in Gal."
"I will call you Miss Short Jewish Gal."
"Perfect."
"Tell me about your dryer, Miss Short Jewish Gal."
"It isn't working."
"Have you tried to unplug it, wait 10 seconds, and plug it in again?"
"Yes, David. My husband told me to do that. It didn't help."
"Have you checked the vent for lint, Miss Short Jewish Gal?"
"I sure have, David. It's lint-free."
"I do not understand."
"There is no lint in the vent."
"So you believe your dryer isn't working?"
"I believe that strongly."
"Is it getting hot?"
"No."
"Is it getting warm?"
"Maybe a little, not enough to dry my wet clothes."
'I see."
"Do you, David? Do you really?"
"Yes, I do, Miss Short Jewish Gal."
"Prove it."
"I will prove it to you. I will send someone."
"When?"
"Soon."
"Can you be more specific, David?"
"Tomorrow between 8 a.m. and midnight."
"That's a long time to wait, David."
"Do you want your dryer fixed or not, Miss Short Jewish Gal?"
"Very much."
"Then you will wait till the repairman shows up at your door. What kind is it?"
"What kind of door?"
"What kind of domicile? An apartment? A recreational vehicle? A shack?"
"I live in a shack."
"Are there stairs?"
"Yes. Ten flights."
"Okay. I will send someone to your shack, Miss Short Jewish Gal. Thank you for calling Maytag. It has been my pleasure to assist you today."

2 comments:

  1. No wonder their repairman is lonely. They never call, they never write, they never dispatch... India is a fine place for a customer service center that can schedule visits within a 12 hour window. The CS rep can just about fly in to assure excellent customer service. Email me if you want the name and number of a reliable company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked out well. The needed part will be dropped from outer space at an undisclosed location somewhere in this hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete