Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Princess Is Awake


Sometimes the oddest things pop into the mind of the SJG, right when I'm getting ready to tell you something else. First, the big news: Looks like bookies and the British media are super confident, based on nothing but a hunch, that Kate and Wills are going to have a baby girl this time around, and even more confident that the royal couple, coached on all things Jewish by, who else, the SJG, are planning to name the little princess after me.


That's right. Finally, somewhere in the universe, there will be an official Princess Carol. Has there ever been a Princess Carol anywhere, other than my own childhood home? Princess Caroline, yes. Princess Carol? Doubtful.

Carole Middleton

Wait, what? Kate's mom is named Carole? Oh, that's good to know. So if they're going to name the baby after anyone, it's probably Carole with an "e" not Carol without an "e"? Hmm, I see your point, but I choose to ignore the sheer logic of it. I prefer to remain delusional, my go-to state of mind, but thanks for the tidbit, and that other thing you mentioned, that you read they're leaning toward Alice. I guess I'm okay with that. I happen to know a feisty Short Jewish Gal from Kansas named Alice. Alice is a nice Jewish name. Turns out, Jews are everywhere, did you know that?

Back to what popped into my brain. It's so freaking adorbs, I had to share it with you, whether you care or not, but odds are you do care, maybe you care too much, otherwise you would've stopped reading this blog and returned to your normal activities. Whatever those are, by the way, please share them with me in the comments section. I love to get comments. Please comment. Tell me what makes you so normal.


Either way, all this princess talk reminded me of a sweet song my sweet daddy used to sing to me. He made it up, of course: "The princess is awake, she's going to bake a cake."

Yep, that's the whole song, the one I've heard my whole life. Granted, it's a short song, but a winner, in my opinion. The fact that I haven't baked a cake since... forever is beside the point. Try to focus, you. When it's your turn to share, I'll let you know. Okay, now.

4 comments:

  1. Princess Carol! I LOVE the sound of that. Must knit something pink for the little sweetie. I'll bet there are knitters all over the UK knitting stuff for this princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you approve, Ellen. And thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your song reminded me of a song my grandpa sang to my sister. “Little Billy-Joe, had a big toe”. That was it, and her name is Tracey. Loved that goofy man!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Well, how much do we love that?! What a great song.

    ReplyDelete