Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Chocolate Dips


It felt like a back alley transaction, only it took place in back of the bakery counter:

"Psssst. You got the macaroons?"
"Yeah, I got the macaroons."
"The chocolate dips?"
"Yeah, I got those."
"I'd like some."
"Too bad, toots."
"What did you say?"
"You're outta luck, lady."
"You got some chutzpah, mister, trying to deny me the dips."
"The dips are for the pre-orders."
"Listen to me, Bakery Man, don't make me bring in my associate Sven."
"You threatening me, ma'am?"
"A little bit, yeah."
"Okay, okay. Don't make a tzimmes, sisterHow many you want?"
"How many you got?"
"Plenty. Fresh out of the oven."
"Gimme a pound in a pretty box."
"You want a bow, too?"
"Yeah, I want a bow."
"Fine. It's gonna cost ya."
"How much?"
"How much you got?"

No comments:

Post a Comment