Sunday, October 21, 2018

Professor SJG

She's an occasionally-employed TV writer, an adorably neurotic dog owner, an internationally-worshipped blogger, and soon the Short Jewish Gal will have another role to add to that list — professor. This January, the SJG will join the London School of Kvetchonomics as a visiting professor, to teach a new master course called "Mothering Millennials: How To Text With Intention." She's expected to give lectures and take part in workshops related to: "Enabling Via Emojis," "Abbreviated Nagging" and "Parenting Emerging Adults In 140 Characters Or Less." "I am looking forward to teaching and learning from the students, and sharing my own experiences as an overprotective mother of not one, but two very handsome millennials who sometimes listen to me, which is better than nothing," the SJG said in a statement she typed herself. But are students looking forward to the SJG's stint as a professor, too? "I think it's gonna be a weird class, sitting there with the Short Jewish Gal," one student told "News About Jews & Non-Jews." "I mean, she's the Guilt Expert of the Western World. If it were me, I'd come in armed with her favorite Pepperidge Farm cookies and a gallon or two of Peet's Coffee, with room for cream." Another student remained optimistic, saying, "If she makes us kugel, it's all good."
(5-24-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment