Friday, October 26, 2018

Avatar Goals

Dear SJG,
Is it just me, or does everyone secretly aspire to look like their spunky, thin, ageless cartoon avatar? I'm trying to figure out if my life goals are realistic, or if I need to move on.
Thanks,
You-Go-Girl
Dear You-Go-Girl,
I see nothing wrong with devoting your entire life to replicating your personal Bitmoji in human form. I feel your pain and admire your quest. Avatar-wise, I admit I'm obsessed in an unhealthy, vainglorious way. Why, just the other night, I spent hours designing a new SJG avatar to fit my current no-glasses-except-when-I-need-them look. Every minute or so, I texted one to the youngest son, only to receive a variety of stinging rejections, along the lines of, "No, Ma," "Not even close," "That's a little better," "You made it worse," and the one that hurt the most, "Don't make me block you, Ma." My advice to you, my friend? Keep going till you perfectly mirror your avatar in every way. What else have you got to do with your time?
You're Welcome,
The SJG

No comments:

Post a Comment