Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Daytime Ride of the SJG

Listen, my children, and you shall hear,
Of the daytime ride that caused some fear,
When I embarked on a nice short drive,
But don't worry, folks, I'm still alive.
On Monday morn, I said to my spouse,
It's time for me to escape this house.
I told him the doctor said it's fine:
"One eye's better than two in decline."
Hubby felt nervous, and none too glad,
Afraid I might do something too rad.
I put on my specs missing one lens,
And drove down the street, not in a Benz.
My right eye saw clearer than before,
A miracle I couldn't ignore.
Behind the wheel, 'twas a dream come true,
One good eye makes for a happy Jew.
I texted hubby after I'd parked,
"Easy-peasy, honey," I remarked.
"Happy to hear it," he texted back.
"I knew you could do it, that's a fact."

1 comment:

  1. Two words: depth perception. What color make and model is that car you commandeered?

    ReplyDelete