Saturday, October 27, 2018

So Then What Happened?

Mary and Naomi arrive at the pearly gates at the same time and soon start to discuss how they died. Mary says, "I froze to death."
"Oy vey! What a horrible way to die," says Naomi.
"It wasn't so bad, really," says Mary. "After I stopped shaking from the cold, I began to feel warm and sleepy and not long after, I died quite peacefully. What about you? How did you die?"
Naomi says, "I died of a massive heart attack."
"So how did it happen?" Mary asks.
"I felt sure that mine Bernie was cheating on me with a shiksa, so I came home early to try to catch them in the act. But when I crept into the house, I found Bernie alone watching TV."
"So then what happened?"
"Well, I was sure there was another woman somewhere in the house so I started running all over the place looking for her. I ran upstairs and searched every one of my eight bedrooms and their bathrooms, checking under every king-sized bed. Then I ran downstairs into the garage and looked inside our Bentley convertible. I went through every room in the house checking every cupboard and looking behind every designer curtain. I even went into our loft. I was running around like a meshuggeneh. Finally, exhausted and stressed, I just keeled over with a heart attack and died."
"Too bad you didn't look in the freezer," says Mary. "If you had, we'd both still be alive."

http://awordinyoureye.com

No comments:

Post a Comment