Monday, October 29, 2018

All In The Game

Hmm... I think I'm related to some of the nice young people in this photo. Let me check my records. Ah yes, two of them, I birthed with considerable effort, one of them is my daughter-in-law, and the other two are her lovely friends from France, who popped over just in time to play the American version of...
... the Game of Life, something we're all in the throes of negotiating a little too much, lately, wouldn't you agree? The last time anyone played a board game in this house was back in the '90s, and what a fun diversion from the on-going Decline of Western Civilization it turned out to be. Like so much in life, the game took longer than expected, but listening to them laugh and playfully argue and steal each other's careers and salaries, purchase mansions, acquire children and accrue millions, in not one, but two languages, all while sipping a well-traveled 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, considerably lifted the spirits of the SJG and longtime hubby, and for that, and so much more, we're beyond grateful.
Guess who won? 

No comments:

Post a Comment