Sunday, October 14, 2018

Hillbilly Headhunter Halloween

Well, I don't know how he does it, this wonderful, Halloween-obsessed brother o' mine, but every year, John tops himself. The theme this time around: Hillbilly Headhunter. Sheriff John and Deputy Lucky really brought it, what with the headless, bloody flannel figures, the spooky skeletons, the hatchets at every turn. The bounty of guests, at least most of them, rose to the occasion with the costumes.
Of course, some of us did better than others. Take me, for example, pre-party, in my cowgal-mountain lady ensemble. You think this is bad? My first attempt -- a blue striped top and cute scarf combo -- was deemed "all wrong" by my lumberjack-redneck eldest son. "Ma, you look like you're going on a yacht."
"You look elegant," my Elly May-style daughter-in-law countered. You see why I adore her? Who do do you think helped me put together this second outfit and tied the bandana?
Oh, dear God, who are these people? I'll let you figure it out, but here are a few clues: my brother, my sons, my daughter-in-law, my aunt (half-hidden by a hat rim) and my longtime hubby are part of this fetching group shot.
Y'all come back now, ya hear? 

2 comments:

  1. Forget about the costume...lookit your new look without the glasses! Ooooh say, can you see???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Phylly, the SJG sans glasses is creating great confusion in the family. But thankie for noticing in the kindest way! xo

    ReplyDelete