Friday, October 14, 2016

Another Mental Mishap

"Your mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves entirely."

There's a reason I've had this cartoon pinned to my bulletin board for at least 10 years. It so aptly describes the SJG state of mind, it's spooky. Why, I have only to mention yesterday's mental mishap to illustrate what goes on up there in my clogged keppy: 

"Hi, I'm here for my appointment with Lenny. I'll go grab a smock."
"What time is your appointment?"
"11:15."
"Lenny doesn't get here till 12."
"Oh."
"Your appointment is tomorrow at 11:15."
"It is?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."
"Well, spank my butt and call me Charlie."
"Uh, okay. See you tomorrow."

I get home and check the calendar on my bulletin board, conveniently located to the left of the afore-mentioned comic. Yep. It's right there, written clearly in ink: Friday, 11:15. What a goof ball. Maybe next time I make an appointment, I'll be all tech-savvy and such. Set up a calendar alert on my iPhone. Throw in a blaring horn sound. AWOOGA! AWOOGA! Assuming I can remind myself to remember to do that, which, just between us, seems doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment