Friday, October 28, 2016

That's Personal

Mine, too.

As a thin-skinned gal since, oh, 1958, a gal whose feelings get bruised if you look at me the wrong way, a tender soul who takes things a bit too personally -- because, um, I'm a person, so what are my choices? To take things robotically? -- I've spent a lot of time trying to toughen up. No really, I have. I've attempted to depersonalize the situation. I've tried to take myself out of the equation. But guess what? It hasn't panned out. I'm still part of the scenario. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm still just a petal. It all comes with the territory of being the SJG. Which is why I'd like to stay on the topic of thin skin for just another moment. Unless you have to rush out and have a life. In which case, ba-bye. Okay, for the rest of you who stayed, I'd like to mention the total irony that my metaphoric thin skin now matches my actual skin. It's thinning out, people. Thinning as we speak. Did someone put my skin on a diet? In terms of skin, some layers have gone missing. This seems terribly unfair. My epidermis is showing, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I like it. So ends Friday's blog. Thanks for sticking around. I hope it was worth it. If it wasn't, don't tell me. You know how thin-skinned I am.

2 comments: