Saturday, October 15, 2016

Sleep Talkin'

He told me to call. 

Bleary-eyed and sleep-deprived, this morning, I ask hubby, "Would you like to know what you called out in the middle of the night?" "What?" "You were in a total panic." "What did I say?" "You were projecting complete and utter despair." "What did I say?" "CAROL!!!!!!! CALL THE LAWYER!!!!" "I did?" "It sure sounded like a Major Legal Emergency." "Huh." "Any idea why you wanted me to call the lawyer?" "No idea." "Are we about to get sued and this is your way of telling me?" "No." "You sounded so afraid, like, this was a major litigious situation. I kept thinking, 'Why do I have to call the lawyer? Why is this on me? And we only have one lawyer. Our wills are up to date. Should I call her now, anyway? It's 3 a.m. I don't have her home number, but I could leave a message at her office.' " "Sorry I woke you up." "That's okay, honey. I don't need to sleep anymore. I'm done growing."

No comments:

Post a Comment