Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Final Bagel of 2016

The SJG would like to take this time to toast you all with this nicely-toasted sesame bagel, the final bagel of 2016. Don't worry, you. I didn't eat the whole bagel. I split it with hubby. The last time I ate an entire bagel was... I can't remember. To eat an entire bagel, sesame, onion or otherwise, is a splurge-o-rama I rarely allow myself. Yes, that's the kind of self-control I've exhibited in 2016. Why? I'll tell you why.
Because in 2016, it's taken every ounce of strength in my aging anatomy to stop me, not just from eating a whole bagel, but from running down the street, screaming at the top of my lungs, about this, that and don't even get me started on the other. I hope to maintain the same kind of astonishing self-control in 2017, and I wish you the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment