Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ready To Walk

WGA Strike, CBS Radford, 2007

"What are you doing?"
"I'm walking."
"It looks more like you're pacing."
"There's a difference between walking and pacing."
"Go on."
"Walking requires intention. Pacing is a back-and-forth exercise in futility. With walking, you burn calories and get things done. With pacing, you burn brain cells and accomplish bupkis."
"So just now, what was your intention?"
"I was practicing."
"Practicing what?"
"My purposeful picketing."
"Does that mean what I think it means?"
"Yes. In a little while, I'll start chanting."
"Do you have to?"
"It's been 10 years since I chanted. I need to warm up."
"I can hardly wait."
"Hey, hey, ho, ho... something, something.... I forget the rest."
"Your chant needs work."
"I know."
"But you're good with the walking."

No comments:

Post a Comment