Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Dog's Oscar Pick

This morning, with very little coaxing, Sir Blakey, the Royal Rescue Pup of Questionable Lineage, shared his pick for Best Performance By A Dog In A Supporting Role.
And the winner is: Borras, the brown-and-black mix in "Roma." He was found in an abandoned lot and rescued by the film's dog trainer. 
"You have any idea how hard it is to jump up and down like that on cue?" Blakey conveyed, telepathically, to the SJG. "The wear and tear on the hips... it hurts to think about it. But Borras made it look fun and easy and highly aerobic. If only I could achieve that kind of height, I'd have nabbed a dozen squirrels by now." "I hear ya, Blakey," I said, "but what about all the poopy he leaves on the driveway? Didn't you find that icky?" "Icky-schmicky. Without any grass, what choice does he have? A dog's gotta go where a dog's gotta go." "You are wise beyond your years." "Tell me something I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment