Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Java Jive

It took a while to lure her over to the dark roast side, but now that ChloĆ© has joined the ranks of the employed, you know, those folks forced to wake up early and schlep to some inconvenient location in heavy traffic, she's drinking coffee with the rest of us. Well, we are near-giddy with this development. I'd go so far as to say we're overjoyed whenever we get to pour her a cup of hot jamoke. So, in her honor, I offer up my favorite caffeine ode, "Java Jive" by the Manhattan Transfer. Yet I must issue a warning. Once you listen, you'll be singing it non-stop. You'll be driving everyone in your immediate vicinity crazy. There may be a court order, a cease and desist, a citizen's arrest. And for that, and so much more, you're welcome. 

2 comments:

  1. Sister P (at age 3) would sing this with her precious Mom along with The Ink Spots 1n 1941 (check them out on youtube)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my g, I love love love that. A cuppa... a cuppa... cuppa... cuppa... cup xo

    ReplyDelete