Saturday, February 16, 2019

My Friend, The Super Hero

Connie Ray, Ass-Kicker (Nana Possible) 

"Hey, Connie."
"Why are you calling so early?"
"Early? You're three hours ahead."
"It's 5 a.m. here, Carol."
"Oopsie."
"Is something wrong?"
"I'm too excited to sleep." 
"Why?"
"Didn't you see me last night in 'Kim Possible' ?"
"No."
"On the Disney Channel?"
"No."
"I kicked ass as Nana Possible."
"Really?"
Nana Possible 

"Yes, really. Not to brag, but I pretty much stole the movie from the young people."
"Well, good for you."
"Gee, you don't sound that excited for me."
"Carol?"
"Yes, Connie?"
"I was in the movie."
"I'm sorry, what now?"
"I played Nana Possible."
"Are you saying I didn't?"
"That's what I'm saying."
"Hang on, I need a minute."
Can anyone be more kim-possibly gorgeous? 

"Take as long as you need."
"Oh... wow.... it's all coming back to me. Oh dear God, it was you in 'Kim Possible,' doing all the ninja moves, looking fierce, embracing the super powers you were born with."
"I wasn't born with super powers."
"Yes, you @#$%'n were."
"Okay. Calm down."
"It's just that... I live vicariously through you. I mean, who wouldn't? What with the long legs and the red hair and general awesomeness."
"Don't go overboard. Reel it in."
"And sometimes, I pretend it's me up there, not you. Is that wrong?"
"It's disturbing. You need to stop that."
"I do?"
"Yes. Immediately."
"Fine. The truth is, I just called to kvell over you."
"Thank you."
"Is it okay if this afternoon, I watch you again in 'Kim Possible'? And maybe one more time tomorrow?"
"If it feels right, by all means."
"That's very kind of you." 
"Carol?"
"Yes, Connie?"
"You have super powers, too."
"Duh."

No comments:

Post a Comment