Sunday, February 24, 2019

Oscar Viewing Party Attire

Someone's Oscar viewing party (not mine)

Only moments ago, not to name drop, or shamelessly plug Brushes: A Comedy of Hairs, oh right, when has that ever stopped me before, the one, the only, Kevin Bailey asked his playwrights who we'll be wearing for the Oscars. "I'll be wearing Dior," he revealed. Naturally, my competitive streak kicked in. I mulled over my wardrobe choices for precisely two seconds and conjured the perfect designer look for a tiny viewing party at the SJG Palatial Estate. "I'll be wearing my Versace printed silk sweatpants, a nice white tee from Targét, and my Wizard of Oz ruby slippers. I'm thinking glittery, I'm thinking glam, I'm thinking exhausted."
Part of the SJG Signature Schlepwear Collection 

My co-conspirator Cathy Hamilton, currently freezing her tush off in 32-degree Lawrence, Kansas, has a more practical designer selection for tonight's Academy Award Home-based Haute Couture: "L.L. Bean." And there you have it, the intel you didn't know you needed to know, but aren't you glad you know now? Take a minute. You don't have to answer right away. I'll answer for you. Of course you are. So, tell me, nice people, who will you be wearing this evening? I'll need photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment