Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Opening Night Wardrobe Choices

Wardrobe Choice #3

Every day, my brother John, as thoughtful a mensch as any sister could ever dream of having in her corner, shares... unusual suggestions for what I should wear to (shameless plug up ahead) the March 30th opening night of Brushes: A Comedy of Hairs . John knows me so well. He knows there are many things I obsess over, but what to wear to an important, potentially life-changing event that's six weeks away isn't one of them. I'll start obsessing two weeks before and then throw on the same black slacks and top I always wear and that will be that. Plus, there's The Flop Dress to think about, the sparkly gown that hung in our mother's closet for years after she wore it to the opening of Dad's one-and-only Broadway show. I still believe that the dress was cursed. Of course, I never told my mother that. Blaming her dress for the rapid closure of "The Family Way" wouldn't have gone over well. Of that, I'm 100 percent certain. And since I've only had a one-night-only, not an opening night, I'm a little wary of coming on too strong with the outfit and pulling focus with a bold selection. Don't tell John, but I find wardrobe choice #3... what's the nicest way to put it... anatomically suggestive. I'm also not sure I could maneuver backstage doing... important backstage things... don't ask me which ones... without knocking over actors and props and creating general havoc. But in John's mind, the above gown is a strong contender.

No comments:

Post a Comment