Monday, February 11, 2019

With Or Without His Permission

With or without his permission, I'd like to present "le birthday boy," aka longtime hubby, celebrating his 62nd with the family last night. Those of you lucky enough to know him know that you won't find him on social media, unless someone else (his sons, his daughter-in-law, his wife) posts his photo on Instagram or Facebook. These smartphone, heartfelt moments appear with or without his permission (mostly without). Why, you may ask, is the man so anti-social media? "Because it's an invasion of privacy," he says. Isn't it ironic, don't you think, that his regular rant has done diddly to prevent his own family from invading his privacy?  The correct answer: oui. Shouldn't we be way more respectful? We really should. Will we stop with the posting of the photos? The correct answer: non. It's too much fun to bleep with his belief system. Asked what his birthday plans involve, he paused, reflectively, as one does as one ages, and said, "I guess I'm gonna work." "Can I use that in my blog?" "Do you feel strongly about it?" "I do." "Go ahead." "Can I use this photo?" "It's too dark." "I'll lighten it."
We met in junior high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment