Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Hold It Right There

Corner of Sunnyslope & Ventura Blvd., baby!

The rumors are true. The SJG will do anything for art. What's that? You don't believe me? How dare you. Allow me to prove it. On a stormy day, I risked life n' limb. You heard me. I put myself, my emotional well-being, my entire raison d'ĂȘtre, in danger, just to capture this semi-impressive, pseudo-artsy shot of the banner for our show Brushes: A Comedy of Hairs through my car window. I mean, come on, who does that? Moi, that's who, a gal who clearly likes to live on the edge. What part of this aren't you getting? Pay attention, would ya? One wrong move, one bumper zetz from behind, one unforeseen disturbance, one light change, and God forbid, I could've skidded from Sunnyslope onto Ventura Boulevard in a downpour, or worse, gotten a big traffic ticket for holding my cell phone "in auto." And it wouldn't have been the first time I've been busted for a cell phone violation. Out here in Los Angeles, they show zero tolerance for this kind of offense. They probably would've thrown my tuchas in the pokey! Wow, that just sounds wrong, doesn't it? By now, you're probably wondering, "Oh, sheesh, will she risk her life again, for the sake of art?" The answer, quite simply, and without hesitation, is: "Oh, hell, yes." That's how I roll these days, baby. Or if you prefer, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment