Friday, September 9, 2011

Mel Brooks and Dick Cavett Together Again

Tonight on HBO at 9.  I can't wait.   Seriously, I can't.  I'm just going to sit by the TV till it comes on.  What else have I got to do?  Pack for the college boy?  What's that you say?  I should've made him pack for himself?  Treat him like an emerging adult and not a preschooler?  Sure, easy for you to say.  But don't you know me by now?  Making him pack would've involved yelling and nagging and door-slamming.  And statements, such as, "That bag isn't going to pack itself, you know."  Plus, he's not even here.  He's already up in the Cruz.  Smart planning on his part, wouldn't you say?  I didn't raise a dummy.  Relax,  I've got this covered.  When we see him on Monday, the SJG will lay on the guilt.  Lay it on thick, I promise.  "Do you have any idea how long it took me to pack all this sh*t?  I can barely move.  I think I pulled something in my back.  Go find me a masseuse.  Or a healer."  But all that guilting and kvetching can wait. Mel Brooks and Dick Cavett?  Can't. 

1 comment: