Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SJG or SJM?

Yesterday, my friend and fellow blogger Mick suggested I might consider changing my world-famous moniker from SJG to SJM.  I immediately thought he meant Short Jewish Masochist.  He may have meant Short Jewish Mother.  But after last night's attempt to sleep on a "luxury" queen-sized aerobed in Scotty's new apartment, let's go with Masochist.  Hubby and I have enjoyed many miserable nights in expensive hotels, suffering on their four-star lumpy mattresses, but nothing compares to this inflatable agony.  Any time either one of us moved, the other rolled right along.  Yet another bonding experience.  Just call me the SJM.

7 comments:

  1. My lower back hurts just raring this!

    Oye to the Mattress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So take that inflatable mattress to a lovely lakeside camping site with a luxery suite (tent for three), climb into three sleeping bags, fall asleep to the gentle ripples of others' attempts to get comfy airily close to moist dirt and AWAKE!Z!W!O! to a thunder and lightening storm directly above the tall pine trees encircling the tent. Everyone up then down simultaneously witih the first CRAAACK! Mattress explodes... family cowers in abject fear for an unceasing assault during balance of night, packs up only tent remaining in campground at dawn and heads to IHOP for coffee, sugar, a squishy benched booth and a solid roof o'er head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestions Steve. Maybe the bears will get us before the lightening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I said was: That mattress would have been the perfect piece of equipment at 19. No getting away! (Not that I needed such aides at 19.)

    ReplyDelete