Monday, October 17, 2011

Hillary's Hair

Stop giving me sh*t about my hair
Cheryl and I discuss many important issues as we walk Scout and Dusty round the 'hood.  We cover the big life stuff, health, children, global warming, the disappointing turnout for Occupy Sherman Oaks, the state of the economy, the state of potholes on my street -- altogether egregious.  Cheryl's street looks great and newly paved,  by the way, mainly because, and this is just between us, I think she bribed an official.  On a recent stroll, we were all farklempt over the state of Hillary Clinton's hair.  What is going on there?  "Why is her hair so long and schleppy?" I asked Cheryl, who always looks nicely-coiffed for our walkies.  "It's like she's given up," I said.  "Madelyn Albright always looked put together," Cheryl said, "with her pins and her perfect hair."  "True, but Madelyn Albright conveniently forgot she was Jewish," I argued.  "Look, Hillary is tired of caring what people think.  First, they gave her sh*t over her cankles, so she wore the hideous pantsuits, and now she's Secretary of State, she's too busy to do her hair."  "I love that you said cankles," I said.  "That's because you don't have them," Cheryl said.  Also true.  "A bad hair day, I can understand. Every day's a bad hair day, for me.  But Hillary, come on, she can afford a stylist to make herself look nice before the United Nations," I said.  "Unless she's got more important things on her mind than her hair," Cheryl said.  Call me shallow and superficial, but what could be more important than good hair?  I can't think of a single thing, can you?

4 comments:

  1. No. Nothing is more important than hair, including the affairs of state. I was just thinking about Hill's hair this morning, watching the Today show. It's bringing her whole face down and making her all jowl-y. Good call, SJG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot think of anything more important, on a personal appearance level anyway.
    I have always said if I had it going on from the hairline down the front of my body, as I have it from the hairline back, I would be HOT! Thank goodness for good hair, I will spend my life repaying it for being good. Which at this date equals about $110 every 4 weeks, worth every penny and something else, like air will be cut before that part of my budget is assessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanks for letting the world know that Snookie did not invent the "Bump", Hillary did, talk about knowing how to work on world peace.

    ReplyDelete