Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Princess Is Awake

Mine came first
Coinky-dink?  I think not.
Going once, going twice . . . one world-famous royal balloon fascinator, sold! The bow/pretzel-shaped balloon extravaganza worn by the Short Jewish Gal for no reason other than silliness went for major bucks in an Ebay auction that ended on Tuesday. An anonymous winning bidder snagged the historic piece of balloon millinery for a staggering $130,000.  All the money raised from the 10-day auction will be donated to good causes through the SJG Initiative. "The hat, designed by my brother, the renowned balloon artist Mr. John Starr, has its own personality, and I am so happy that we have raised the most incredible amount of money and can make an even bigger change for the lives of those less fortunate than the royal moi," said the SJG.  "Clearly, my fanciful headpiece has inspired several notable rip-offs since I first wore it doing errands in Sherman Oaks.  No names mentioned, but a certain ginger-haired princess wore a shockingly similar, fallopian-themed fascinator to a certain wedding, without giving me or my brother credit.  Bitter?  Just a tad.  Nonetheless, I'm willing to let it go, as long as the princess in question loans me her shameless copy for Halloween."

3 comments:

  1. Princess Beatrice & her Mother the Duchess have been ripping off my balloon designs for years. Royal rascals! Fascinate this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking a child's padded toilet training seat and a roll of toilet paper might be of use. That's what you're seeing in the photo. It's been covered in paper mache, but I'm pretty sure that's what she's wearing.

    ReplyDelete