Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Horse Is A Horse...

Wiiiiiillbur
In the early 60s, my dad, the one, the only, Mr. Ben Starr, wrote 42 episodes of "Mr. Ed."  The other day, I reminded him about Mr. Ed's 50th birthday.  "Yes, I know, I sent him a card."  "That was thoughtful." "I used to talk to Ed, you know.  On the set, I'd wait till no one else was around and I'd whisper to him, 'Ed, it's me, Ben.  Talk to me, I know you can talk.' And he never did.  And I realized why later.  Ed only talked for money."  Smart horse.  Smart daddy.

3 comments:

  1. I loved Mr. Ed. Logged many hours watching him on TV. Glad to hear he talked for money. The illusion is not shattered. Thanks to your dad for putting words in his and Wilburs mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank your Dad for me. Mr. Ed was my earliest TV addiction.

    ReplyDelete