Friday, January 27, 2012

Drunk At The Wheel

They do look a little farshikkert here
The big news in the SJG house yesterday? Nothing to do with politics or sports or even the fact Demi Moore is right down the street at Sherman Oaks Hospital.  No, the big news:  "Wheel of Fortune's" Pat Sajak revealed that he and Vanna used to get hammered at a Mexican restaurant during two and a half-hour breaks while prizes were loaded onto the set in Burbank. "Vanna and I would go across the street and have two or three or six (margaritas), and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet," Sajak said in an interview.  We are obsessed with this story, not just because it's an OMG of over-sharing and why are you telling the world this now and did you clear it with Vanna first.  We are obsessed because, in the eyes of the first born, Pat Sajak's margarita admission proves, once and for all, that... well, there's no way to phrase this delicately, so I'm just going to put it out there... Pat and Vanna have done it.  Yesterday was Billy's  huge "I told you so" moment.  He even called his father at work to share his glee:  "Did you hear about Pat and Vanna!  They used to black out together.  This is basically a guarantee that they used to @#$%."  Hubby remains neutral on the matter.  This morning, I tried to clarify a few things with our son.  "Just because they got drunk doesn't mean they did it," I argued.  "Do I have to spell it out for you, Mother?" "I'd like to buy a vowel." "I'll give you a U."

5 comments:

  1. In the 70s & 80s it was well known that everyone on "Hollywood Squares" & "Match Game" was drunk on the shows airing Thursdays & Fridays (Mon-Weds episodes taped on the same day in the morning & then Thurs & Fri taped after a late 'liquid' lunch). Vanna & Pat were just following other Stars' examples! And both Pat & Vanna were happily married to others at the time so I'm sticking with them being dear friends who just got liquored up real good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I saw Pat Sajak in Vegas in the early '90's and he was $%#&faced!! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd have to be drunk to slip between the sheets with ol' Patty boy.

    ReplyDelete