Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Oh, Behave

The SJG milking my birthday
On the national holiday that was my birthday, and more importantly, MLK's, the fabulous mother and daughter duo of Carla and Cami treated me to lunch at Spago, where we ate obscenely delicious food and debated, at great length, whether the man in the nearby booth was Basil Exposition.
Oh, behave:  Basil Exposition and Austin Powers
Back and forth we went.  Is that Michael York?  No, it can't be.  It is.  It isn't.  There's no way.  It's definitely him.  It definitely isn't.  We got just a tad obsessive over the matter.  Carla thought the man sounded British.  I was thrown by his dark glasses.  Cami said it was the guy from "Austin Powers" and that was that.  And then she left, to continue her busy life, and we sat there, pondering the situation.  In terms of Hollywood sightings, it was inconclusive.  It could've been Michael York of "Cabaret" and "Romeo and Juliet" and so many other great films.  Or it could've been an older gentleman who vaguely resembled him.  Not till I got home and Googled did I realize that of course, Cami was right.  The man in Spago?  Definitely Michael York, just sitting there, enjoying lunch with his wife, and making the SJG birthday even more festive.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. I NEVER would have noticed who was who. All the obscene delicious food would have distracted me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much TT. I'm usually pretty good at spotting the celebs. I need to up my game!

    ReplyDelete