Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Two Oys

Two broke girls... and my brother
Sometimes I can't see him at all.  It's a blink and he's gone situation.  But last night, my brother, the Extra, was front and center on "Two Broke Girls."  There was no missing him.  He was right there in the grocery store, right behind the two stars as they got into a nasty-yet-hilarious argument with another customer.  They held up the line and my brother looked appropriately disgruntled.  Two seconds after his debut, I called him up to compliment him on his brilliant performance.  "Oh my god, John, you stole the show."  "So you saw me?"  "How could I miss you?  You were all over that scene.  First you were deciding on bakery goods.  Which roll should you buy?  Nice work with the hands, by the way.  I could totally see how important the bakery selection was to you."  "It was very important."  "That came across.  And then you got in line and you had to deal with those two broke girls and their stupid coupons.  You looked so heated."  "We were told to look mad."  "You looked mad as hell.  You looked like you were gonna give those bitches a piece of your mind.  There was eye-rolling and heavy sighing involved."  
John, the grocery store customer
 "And two oys."  "I heard them both, and I've never been prouder.  This was your greatest performance ever."  "Stop, you're embarrassing me.  Go on."  "You deserved top billing."  "Thank you."  "But your face said everything:  You were the pissed-off customer in the grocery store and you weren't going to take it anymore."  "I gave it all I had."  "It should be a recurring part." "God willing."

7 comments:

  1. Oy!

    P.S. Thanks for the rave review! No autographs, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your readers who want to see my steller performance ... my brief Grocery scene is 14:00 minutes into the story (you don't have to watch the entire show...just please start the episode and go to the bottom of the screen and find the time-line and move it to 14:00 minutes in). You'll probably be forced to watch 3-4 commercials beforehand. Enjoy ...

    http://www.cbs.com/shows/2_broke_girls/video/2182822512/2-broke-girls-and-the-secret-ingredient

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the extra who is calling home to tell his parents about the movie he's in...I'm sure you know the joke....If not, I'll tell everyone at a huge 20 second lunch.

    Happy new year...U are a good sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark T, welcome to my comments section. I don't know this joke, but I hope it's dirty. Share!!!

    ReplyDelete