Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Funny Michelin

On Valentine's Day, Cupid shot an extra-long screw through the heart of my front right tire.  Did I despair?  Did I throw a roadside hissy?  Oh, maybe a little.  The SJG is only human, after all.  I swore a bit.  I felt letdown.  Betrayed.  Candy would've helped.  But then, I recovered.  I pulled myself together.  I headed on over to House o' Tires and learned the true meaning of the sweetest words I know:  Under Warranty.  The replacement cost?  Practically nil.  Naturally, I broke into song, right then and there.  It went something like this:

My funny Michelin, all-season Michelin
You make me smile with my heart
Your tires are sizable, safe and reliable
Yet, you're my favorite work of art

Are your sidewalls less than Greek?
Is your ride a little sleek?
When you're older, will you leak?
Are you smart?

But don't change a tread for me
Not if you care for me
Stay Mister Michelin, stay!
Each day is Michelin day

(apologies to Rodgers & Hart.  I couldn't help myself!)

5 comments:

  1. You NAILED it. You have a HIT on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dunlops are history... unless you can come up with something just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get to work on that immediately. My Ditzy Dunlop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I'm catching up on your blog and I actually sang this one out loud!! Brava, dahlink!

    ReplyDelete