Monday, February 6, 2012

Team Madonna!

Oh come on, admit it, she rocked it.  Even hubby and the first-born had to concede she was "pretty good."  She did have one "oy gevalt" moment, when she nearly tumbled off the bleachers into obscurity.  "Has anyone seen Madonna?"  "Not since she went boom at the Super Bowl."  Thank God she self-corrected.  It was the kind of "whoopsie doodle " that any gal who walks around in giant stilettos could understand.  Cringe-worthy?  A little.  But it just means she's human... and very competitive.  Her friend Gwen Paltrow already danced on a piano in near-stilts at the Grammys with Cee Lo tinkling the ivories, so, why shouldn't Madonna raise the bar, and perform with Cee Lo too?  Still, I have "whoopsies" all the time, in flats.  Stilettos, I wouldn't attempt, especially not in front of, gulp, 110 million people.  Last night, Madonna sold her over-produced "me" brand of splashy entertainment with chutzpah and panache.  And looked hotter than most gals her 20-something boyfriend used to date before she shoved them off the stage.  The only downside to last night's extravaganza came from M.I.A., who flipped us off during "Give Me All Your Luvin."  I don't know about you, but I took it personally.  If the SJG got the chance to perform at Half-Time - how great would that be? - I'd never endorse such a rebel move.  Hey, NFL.  Give me a call.  My schedule's wide open for next year.  Just sayin'.

2 comments: