Monday, February 13, 2012

Rolling In The Grammys

Adele, Adele, Adele.  Bruce.  Bruce. Bruuuuuce.  To cheer myself up from all the Whitney gloom, I watched the Grammys with the college son.  We had a three-hour text-a-thon, sending hearts and smiles, random frogs and puppies, the occasional chicken, and multiple exclamation points, back and forth to punctuate our instant reactions.  After Adele sang her heart out:  "What a performance!!! Adele looks gorgeous!" (Santa Cruz) "Great stuff, angel!" (Sherman Oaks).  "I'd say the doctors did their job!!  Great performance."  (S.C.)  "I love love love her!" (S.O.)  When Bonnie Raitt hit the stage with Alicia Keys:  "There's your gal!" (S.C.) "Woo-hoo!"  (S.O.) During the Beach Boys tribute:  "Fantastic Foster (the People) and Maroon (Five) were on point." (S.C.) "They sounded amazing!" (S.O.)  When Jennifer Hudson brought the house down in tribute to Whitney H, we kept it simple: "Flawless."  (S.C.)  "Wow." (S.O.) And, predictably:  "I will always looooove you!" (S.O.)  "Heart heart heart." (S.C.)

8 comments:

  1. Not to be a hater ... but our house switched channels for every mention &/or appearance of chris brown. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two thoughts: Not too many awards were actually given and...not too many performers could actually sing.

    Loved Adele/Katy/Taylor/Jennifer H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute post! My boy came over to watch it (had to give him dinner, of course). Loved Taylor and Adele (natch). Jennifer Hudson was sheer perfection. Bonnie. The finale!! One of the better Grammys in recent memory, altho' my memory is shot.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree. I can't remember the last time it was so good. I think everyone brought his/her A game. The finale was spectacular! Old guys rocking the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with John on the Chris Brown thing. We stayed tuned in throughout but did have to use the barf bags when CB was on camera.

    ReplyDelete