Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Predix

Stuffy and congested, feeling like ka-ka, the SJG got my tuchas up early to watch my brother John on "CBS Sunday Morning."  And might I say this about his brief, yet kick-ass appearance:  BRILLIANT.  He was articulate and humble.  They showed a clip of him on "Welcome Back, Kotter," seated near none other than Mr. John Travolta.  In between blowing my nose, I'm kvelling. Here's the clip: http://iget2work.com/home/contributors/john-starr/ And, of course, today is all about the Oscars, which I'd planned to watch at my big shot cousin Andy's house, where they were counting on me to bring pies and may now officially disown me.  Rather than spread my germs, I will watch at home, as host of my own pity party, in my designer jammies.  I couldn't be less excited, but I will do my best to muster some enthusiasm, in between weeping. 

Here are the SJG's predix, not necessarily my personal pix.  Best Picture: "The Artist."  Best Actor:  The French Guy.  Best Actress: Viola Davis.  Best Supporting Actor:  Christopher Plummer.  Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer.  Best Director:  Martin Scorsese.  Best Original Script:  "Midnight In Paris."  Best Adapted Script:  "The Descendants."  If I help you win your Oscar pool, I expect a monetary reward, or I will come after you.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't get that bug reading my blog. I'll think of you as I watch, tissue box at the ready, hot tea in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did catch it from your blog! The French director won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Meryl Streep winning!
    Thanks for the CBS News Interview shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked your predictions. I watched, first time in years. Though I love Meryl, I thought Viola was robbed. And I felt like she could have given a heads up to the other nominees, when she accepted. But she was brillant too, so what's there to complain about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's always something to complain about....

    ReplyDelete