Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Goodbye, Old Friend

As of today, the SJG has been notified that I'm too old to operate securely.  I'm unworthy of support.  I'm at risk.  I'm vulnerable to all sorts of tsouris.  Any second now, my decrepit O.S. could permanently unboot.  Oh, dear God.  Must I consciously unplug myself?  What did I do to deserve this?  Nothing, you say?  Go on, you've got my attention. What's that?  The SJG isn't in danger of annihilation.  Gee, that's good news.  You're saying, I'm not the problem, it's my PC?  Well, why didn't you say so in the first place, silly? Turns out, Windows is denying my XP protection from vicious hackers and cyber criminals, starting today. That's a big eff you right there.  I guess I could ignore all the doomsday warnings and carry on.  I guess I could wait for my PC to crash.  Think of the suspense!  Or the SJG could say kaddish for my XP O.S. I could get with the program. I could seriously upgrade.  I could conform and be like everyone else on the planet.  Well, everyone except those of us still using creaky old XP, and we number in the zillions.

No comments:

Post a Comment