Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Twisted "Facts of Life"

Last night's episode of "Glee" would've made my dad smile.  Not the part about hate crimes.  The part about "Facts of Life."  He created the character of Mrs. Garrett on "Diff'rent Strokes," and co-developed "Facts."
Here's how Sam (Chord Overstreet) explained "Facts of Life," his new obsession: "It's about this old redheaded lady who runs this boarding school for lesbians.  And then I think the lesbians' school burns down, so now the old redheaded lady opened up this pot dispensary called Edna's Edibles.  They all work there."  I can hear my dad chuckling from up above.  He always thought Charlotte Rae, who played Mrs. Garrett, was a pain in the tush.  He'd probably think Edna's Edibles would've made her more manageable.

Shout out to Dan Harrison for giving me a head's up on last night's eppie.  "Make sure you watch "Glee."  But the SJG needs no reminder. I'm a long-time Gleek and I'm not afraid to admit it.  I don't care how silly it gets.  Give me a show where people break into song and I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment