Saturday, April 26, 2014

Royal Attire Optional

Speak for yourself
It's the rarest of rare occasions when I find what I'm actually looking for in the SJG Disaster Zone, aka, my bedroom closet.  I'm still searching for those ruby red slippers, by the way.  If you find them, click three times and return them to me, no questions asked.  And, it goes without saying, but I'm saying it again, that the office where the SJG sits and stares into space isn't the most orderly locale, either.  The closet alone requires a hard hat.  So imagine my surprise when I found exactly what I wanted: the fake tiara I need to wear today.  When's the last time you needed to wear a fake tiara, or a real one?
Last week?!  Princess Kate, are you reading my blog again?  Welcome back, you.  I'm assuming you're peppering your conversations with a bisel Yiddish, like we discussed?  Shayna punim, I knew you could do it.

Oh, and speaking of Princess Kate, not to brag, but I'm invited to her birthday party today.  A different Kate, but just as deserving of the title. She's four now and seriously into dressing up.  Don't question me.  It's right there on the invite: "Gowns, crowns and Mardi Gras too... nothing short of a royal celebration will do..."  Hence, the need for a fake tiara.

No comments:

Post a Comment